Thursday, August 19, 2010

Look who's TWO...

Yep...Miss Maiya is TWO!!

Maiya,
Happy Birthday baby girl!! You are TWO!! Can you believe it...I sure can't!! I hope that you don't mind that I still call you "my baby", because I plan on calling you that forever!! Some things that I don't want to forget that you do and like are:
  • You like to sing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" with me before you go to sleep, but you like to plug your nose and meow like a cat while I sing the song...it's funny!!
  • You LOVE Elmo!! Seriously, you L-O-V-E him. We can be at the story and you will point and say "Elmo" and it usually takes me awhile to find what you are pointing at!!
  • You can make the saddest little frown...breaks everyone's hearts!! You frown at strangers when they talk to you.
  • You don't like nursery...not one little bit!! We've only had one successful time with you staying in nursery the entire time. You cry and cry until you get your way and they bring you to us in Primary. You do great while we teach Kayla's Primary class, so it's not a big deal.
  • You are good eater, willing to try anything that is put if front of you. Thank you!!
  • You still take a nap everyday and go to bed usually between 8:00 - 8:15. As long as you have your favorite blanket ("gee-gee"), kitty ("meow-meow"), pillow ("illow") and now the Elmo that Grandma & Papa gave to you, we've been able to lay you down anywhere!!
  • You purse you lips together when you concentrate
  • You have started to get really protective of your things. You don't like Kayla or Anna to touch your blanket, high chair and sometimes Mommy!!
  • You don't like your bath water too deep (not that it ever was deep), so usually you sit in a few inches of water and get out as quickly as you can!! Not a soaker...yet!!
  • You say "hold you" when you want us to pick you up.
  • You are quite the talker!! People can't believe how many words you say.
  • You love books and songs. I'm pretty sure that you are the only two year old that sings songs from "Phantom of the Opera"!!
We love you so much!!! I can't imagine our life without you and your silliness!! Thanks for completing our family!!!
Love, Mommy


What a cutie!!

Folding your arms for prayer

Singing the Birthday song with us


Yummy cake!!

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

That is such a cute picture of her!!! That little personality is really blossoming. So proud to share my birthday with her! I still think that Maiya Lynne has a lovely ring to it. Hey, I could have my name staightened out (the spelling) and her named changed. (Remain calm...I'm kidding.)