Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun fourth...

We had a great fourth of July weekend. Family, parade, fireworks, food, water games and fun!!
First up...Clearfield City Parade
It was a little chilly waiting for the parade to start...so Kayla and Anna waited while wrapped up in a blanket. Yes, wrapped in a blanket in July...only in Utah!!
First up the flag...
I remember when I was a kid watching the parade and seeing my dad be one of the first people around us to stand with his hand over his heart, showing respect for the flag and he did the same thing at this parade. First one standing, showing respect and setting a great example. Thanks Daddy!!
Next came the firetrucks...
Loud and impressive... wait who's that riding on top of the ladder truck??
It's Meg, Davis and Aunt Katie!! Hi guys!!!
Did I mention that they were LOUD.
We saw my old Junior High and High School cheerleaders, drill team, marching band (that was riding on a flat bed). Even the falcon himself.
Picture from Mom!!
(I'm sure the poor kid inside the mascot was wondering who is this crazy person!!)

The kids collected an entire grocery sack full of candy. It took a few tosses to understand that we were actually allowing them to run into the street to collect the candy (strange ritual). Anna probably collected more candy than Kayla, and was filthy by the time the parade was over!!

After the parade we headed back to my parents house where we started to prepare the famous "Fajitas for the Fourth" (going on 10 years) and the kids had a little water party.


When it was dark and everyone was full from dinner and dessert it was firework time!! The fireworks were okay but Kurtis was the entertainment. Running in and out of the fireworks, lighting 3 or 4 of them at the same time, even picking one up before it was finished. Not the smartest thing but it was definitely entertaining.

It was such a good weekend and so nice to see e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e. I am so grateful for my family and the fun that we have. The fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing all the flags, everyone wearing red, white or blue, the fun that this holiday brings.

I say we plan 2011 now!!

4 comments:

dasrls said...

I say I'm going to invite myself. Looks like you guys all had fun. The girls are so pretty.

Karen & Ben said...

You and Don would be more than welcomed!! Abby would fit in quite nicely!!

Karen & Ben said...

You and Don would be more than welcomed!! Abby would fit in quite nicely!!

Kim said...

sorry I missed the firework show! i heard it was funny!