Not since my 9th grade sewing class at "NDJ" have I sewn any sort of clothing. I made a lovely, fuchsia colored skirt. It was horrible!! I cut the fabric so narrow that it ended up being super snug, I don't think any of my seams were even close to being straight, I could barely get the elastic in because the casing was so small and my mom had to hem the skirt for me. I remember the teacher complimenting on how nice the hemming was, yep my mom got an A+ from the teacher. So I'm pretty proud of myself for making the girls some skirts (without a pattern mind you) to wear to the "luau" and what's even more surprising I actually enjoyed sewing them!!


4 comments:
They are cute! You know that they will be their favorite thing to wear for the rest of the summer. Way to sew Karen !
Good job! I love making up little projects, and I usually don't use a pattern. How fun to have all those girls to make things for!
I think those are "sew" cute!! You should make one for yourself, too!
They were very cute! If you hadn't told me you made them I never would have guessed!
Post a Comment