Saturday, July 18, 2009

A much needed break...



This week Ben was on "vacation". I'm not sure he knows how to relax. He spent a couple of hours everyday actually working and the rest was spent working on his oven. I think that we need to schedule a real vacation. A relaxing, quiet, somewhere other than Utah vacation, oh and maybe with no kids...any babysitters available??

Here is a preview of Ben's vacation...
MONDAY...He went into work around 7:00 AM, ran into Salt Lake and got home in the nick of time for me to take Anna to the dentist. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone and was informed that he needed to attend a meeting on Tuesday.

TUESDAY...He watched Anna & Maiya while I took Kayla to the dentist. Worked on his oven until 1:30 then he had to leave for his 3:00 meeting. Before he came home he showed his van (which are for sale) that are parked at his office. He didn't get home until 8:15ish then worked on his oven.

WEDNESDAY...He took us to the zoo. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone, checking and sending emails. After the zoo we went and got some lunch. On the way home we made a quick stop to pick up some Styrofoam for his oven. He had Young Men's later that night to cut firewood. (fun)

THURSDAY... Today we went swimming. We got up, packed our stuff, changed into swimsuits, sprayed ourselves with sunscreen, made a quick stop at Wal-Mart for shorts and swim diapers, only to get to the pool and find that they don't open until 1:00...it's 11:30. So to kill time we drove and got some lunch, ate and then drove back to the pool. Swam until kids were so exhausted they could barely walk back to the car. Once in the car Ben checked his email, returned some calls and told a client that he would review the set of plans and sent him a email with a "cost breakdown either late this evening or early tomorrow morning". Ben had promised the girls that we could get an ice cream cone after swimming, so we drove 10 minutes to get a twist cone...poor Anna couldn't even open her eyes to eat hers. After dinner he ran to his office to show his vans again. Came home and worked on his oven until 11:30 PM (Oh, and by the way I totally burned my shoulders!! I even reapplied when we got there. The sun and I do not get along!!)

FRIDAY... He watched Anna & Maiya so I could take Kayla back to the dentist to have her cavity filled. (Which she did AWESOME!! Didn't even mind the "shot"!!) Ben did his "cost breakdown" and scheduled his cement for his oven for Saturday at 7:45. He literally spent all day outside working. I "helped" him until 11:30 PM and he was up until 2:00 AM prepping and forming and doing who knows what else.

SATURDAY (today)... Got up at 6:00 to finish prepping for the cement. The truck arrived here at 7:30 and was pouring around 8:00. Thankfully some neighbors came over and helped. I flittered back and forth between "helping" with the cement and peeking in on the babies. Our living room looked like this...


I will post pictures and an update on the oven "later tonight or early tomorrow morning!!"

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

What vacation? Can't wait to see the brick oven!

Pickett said...

Yes I agree... I think Ben needs a real relaxing Vacation! We could watch the Girls over a weekend...

La said...

Haha! Good grief!. That is craziness! You need a vacation fron the vacation!

Rhonda said...

Yah, you TOTALLY need to actually GET AWAY....no cell phones, no appts, no nothin!

Let's see a pic of the oven!