Saturday, July 16, 2011

A while back...

I can't believe that I am now just getting around blogging about our little trip to Schofield Reservoir. Sometimes blogging takes a backseat doesn't it.

Day 1:
After leaving a little later than we had hoped (why does that always happen??) we got to the cabin about 4:30.

Of course the first thing Ben does is get on the phone. If I remember right it was something to do with politics. Typical.

Miss Maiya hanging out and coloring in the new coloring books we brought.



Our view for the next few days. Beautiful!!


Dinner time!!
Day 2:
Ben got up early and did some fishing while the girls and I slept and got breakfast ready. After cleaning up breakfast we decided to do some hiking before it got too hot. We packed some snacks and water and headed out. Unfortunately the "trail" that Ben choose was really steep and the mosquitoes were terrible. Poor Maiya and Ben were devoured!! After deciding that our current trail was too hard for little legs we headed back to the car for some bug spray and a gentler trail.

Ben and his girls.
One of my favorite pictures.

Anna and Maiya got tired after a while so the three of us headed back and waited in the shade for Ben and Kayla.

Anna & Maiya enjoying a snack.


Here they come.

Our girls thought that drinking out of the "camel back" was the best thing ever. Ben and I joked that for our next vacation we would walk around the block while wearing the camel back!!


My girls are somewhat obsessed with rocks. I had several rocks that I was holding for them but I was able to convinced them to leave them in the mountains for others to enjoy. Phew!

Cute Miss Maiya

When we, meaning the kids, had enough "hiking" we headed back to the car.

Another favorite picture

After we all had some lunch and Miss Maiya (and mom) had a nap it was time to try fishing. I told Ben that we needed to find a place where we could all sit and a place where the kids wouldn't fall into the water. That was tricky because the water was so high, so it took some driving around. Ben has a problem where he thinks our car is an tough off-road vehicle and it really isn't. Ben drove down a trail looking for a place to fish and the girls were terrified that the car was going to flip over. I won't lie, at one part I was nervous. After deciding that the best spot was behind us, the girls and I got out and walked backed.

We "fished" for a while. Kayla and Ben caught a few fish while Anna and Maiya ran around getting wet and muddy! After a few hours, several snacks and 1 "accident " (luckily I grabbed an extra set of pants and panties for Maiya) we headed back to the cabin for dinner.

A giant jetted bath tub is my idea of "camping"!!

After a yummy steak dinner we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows. Ben took Kayla & Anna to look at the stars while I stayed at the cabin with Maiya who was very ready to call it a day!!

Day 3:
Again Ben got up extra early to fish. He went below the dam where the fishing was extra good. So good that he was gone until 11:30!! So the girls and I got to hang out in the cabin. We played Uno, colored, packed up, and did a little cleaning.
Poor Miss Maiya woke up with a swollen eye due to a mosquito bite.

As we were loading the car Miss Maiya kept herself busy with making a line of rocks.
Seriously, what is about rocks??

SISTERS!!

Me and my girls!
Another favorite!!

I like to tease Ben that this was "his" vacation and now it's time for "my" vacation.
Where should we go??

No comments: