Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stevens Reunion...

Yesterday we headed up Spanish Fork canyon for the Stevens Reunion (Ben's grandma's family). I had told Ben that I knew what was going to happen at the reunion, because it happens at every Steven's reunion...he would get talking and continue to talk while I run after the kids. Since we don't get to see this side of the family that often, they must think that Ben doesn't have a wife because for the past 6 years he appears alone!! I had fun visiting with the few people that I did, and the kids had fun playing in the water and playground and they LOVED the raffle!!
Kayla, Anna & Maiya at the beginning of the reunion! Beautiful girls!!
Seriously, look at how pretty they are!!

Anna & Maiya enjoyed the little swimming pool that one of Ben's cousin gave them permission to use. I had a feeling that there would be water, so luckily I had packed accordingly.

The girls loved playing in the reservoir. Unfortunately the "beach" had really coarse sand, I know, anything finer would just blow away, but after spending over an hour in the water the inside of the girls swimsuits was full of sand. Maiya didn't make it to the bathroom after swimming so she got another rinse in the sink and I was amazed at the amount of sand that was inside her suit.

Every reunion they hold a raffle. This is something that I think everyone looks forward to. People must spend a serious amount of money to win something or they have really good luck because we never win what we put in for. Now granted we only bought $10.00 worth of tickets to share between the 5 of us, but still. Kayla put all of her tickets in to win a flower made out of duct tape (yes...I know), and she didn't win. She was really disappointed, but she was able to trade a package of fruit snacks to the winner of the flower and got to bring it home after all.

This is Kayla as they draw the winners for the flowers. Notice that she has her fingers and arms crossed for luck!!

It was a good, fun, and l-o-n-g day. We didn't get home until after elevan because we stayed to watch or rather look down on the fireworks at "Stadium of Fire". In case you're wondering, looking down on fireworks is not as good as looking up at them...my opinion.

See ya next year!!

No comments: