Monday, September 6, 2010

Hidden memory...

A couple of weeks ago, I put the pictures from the computer onto disks. I seriously had all of Miss Maiya life on the camera memory card because I was afraid if I deleted them off the camera that something would happen to the computer and all of her pictures would be gone forever. As I was putting the new disks away with the older disks I couldn't help but take a peek at some. Pictures of Ben building our West Point house, pictures of Anna as a baby, pictures of me pregnant, pictures of Kayla as a toddler, pictures that got me thinking how similar my girls look to one another. I came across a proof sheet from Kiddie Kandids of Kayla right after she had turned two years old. I remember walking to Kiddie Kandids and people would stop and say how cute Kayla looked, but it also triggered another memory.



Sorry for the picture of a picture
(I promise this is Kayla!! Even Anna told me that it was Maiya)
March 2005
After taking Kayla's pictures (and eating a pretzel) we stopped by my mom's work. As we were talking and looking the pictures, Dr. Bitner (my OB) asked me if I was ready to have another baby to which I answered perhaps. Then he said, "I think we should have you take a pregnancy test while you're here". My mom turned to me with wide eye and ask "Is there a chance that you could be pregnant" to which I replied most likely. I hadn't taken a home pregnancy test but I was more than a couple weeks late so I had a good feeling that it would come back positive, so I took the test at Bitner's office and sure enough we were expecting baby #2!! Bitner did some calculating to figure out how far along I was (roughly 10 weeks), a due date and we scheduled my first OB appointment for baby #2. Well, over the weekend I miscarried, making this my third miscarriage. I called my mom and she arranged for us to get in to see Bitner the following Tuesday. He felt terrible for insisting I take the test in the office, I assured him that he had nothing to feel bad about. We did some blood work and the lab ran some test to see if we could come to a conclusion why I could get pregnant but not stay pregnant. The results came back that my body didn't make enough progesterone needed and that when/if I got pregnant again I would need to take oral progesterone. Long story short, I ended up taking progesterone with both Anna & Maiya's pregnancies.

Funny how looking a pictures makes you remember things, things that other people may not know.

1 comment:

Pickett said...

Oh My heck Karen I had no idea you miscarried between Kayla and Ann...You are so lucky that Bittner was able to figure out what was wrong.
And Kayla does look like Miaya… You have the cutest girls I love there blue blue eyes..