Thursday, September 16, 2010

A good day...

  • Kayla had school and I didn't have to do pick up.
  • Anna had pre-school and it's not my week to drive.
  • Anna wanted her lunch packed in a lunchbox. So we packed a PB&J, grapes, chips and a cookie which she ate after school at our table...eating the cookie first.

  • I got my hair cut. I've been cheating on my hair stylist and I think she might be getting replaced by Holly. Plus she gave me a card for half off my next haircut...Score!!
  • My house has stayed relatively clean for the majority of the day.
  • My laundry is all caught up and put away.
  • My bed was 100% made today and not 90%. Sometimes I don't put the comforter and all the pillows on.
  • I tried a new recipe for dinner and it will be used again. (and again!)
  • My dad's birthday tribute is finished. (phew!!)
  • Ben is gone to some sort of Republican meeting, so the girls and I went and got ice cream cones.
  • I'm enjoying re-reading "Catching Fire" and I can't wait to start "Mockingjay ". (no spoilers please!!)
  • Kids are tired and will be going to bed early. (the best part!!)

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

My day wasn't nearly that fun....it was usual day at the clinic ,pap smears, pregnancy, pelvic pain etc, plus a mandatory meeting during lunch about radiation exposure. (from XRays) JOY !

Karen & Ben said...

Mom!! Did you just write "pap smears" on my blog!! Oh my!!!

GRITS said...

Wow. The "Triple P." Which may or may not be marginally better than pee, poop, and puke. :) I think we all deserve a great day like Karen's! I'm so happy you shared that with us. I'm now living vicariously through you. :)

shaley said...

Karen,
Your girls are so cute!! They're all just these cute little blonde things!! That is a good day...good for you.