And for 5 years the habit continued...
January 2007
It was mainly "used" when she was sleeping...
But over time the habit grew stronger and stronger, till it seemed her thumb was always in her mouth...
I used to work for an orthodontist so I know what sort of appliance is used to stop thumb sucking...it's not pretty...
Anna started to get worried that she would never stop. We started by reminding her to take her thumb out when we saw it in her mouth. We then tried bribing (yes we were desperate) her with toys, treats, anything she wanted if she could stop sucking her thumb...

July 2010
After all our attempts had failed, we purchased "Mavala Stop". It's a nail polish that makes the thumb taste bad and hopefully breaks the habit. Well, I had my doubts if this would work and I'm pleased to say that after only 1 application Anna has STOPPED sucking her thumb!!
**I must note that I firmly believe that this worked only because Anna was ready to stop sucking her thumb. I think that if we had tried this earlier it might not of worked as quickly.**
And she couldn't be happier!!
**I must note that I firmly believe that this worked only because Anna was ready to stop sucking her thumb. I think that if we had tried this earlier it might not of worked as quickly.**




3 comments:
That little girl is the cutest... Love Her!
I personally Love the thumb sucking picture! Maybe this stuff will work on Abby's nose pickin finger???
YEah Annie hahaha at Ronnie...LOL
Post a Comment