Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Queen Kayla...


Yesterday morning Kayla's school called and told me that Kayla was going to be presented with an award at an assembly later that afternoon. I had no idea what it could be and after arriving at the school and seeing how few parents that were there I realized that it was more than just a certificate for participating in something. After a very l-o-n-g program they presented Kayla with "The Narnia Award" . It is the schools highest award for excellence in citizenship, grades and overall behavior. They award one boy and one girl from each grade and they are crowned King and Queen. What an honor for Kayla!!

Queen Kayla

(My one regret is that if I had known beforehand I would of made sure she looked a little bit nicer. Since the assembly was in the afternoon you can imagine how she looked. Clothes were a little rumpled, she had spilled something on her shirt at lunch and her hair was a hot mess after 2 recesses...oh well. This picture was taken this morning on her second to last day of first grade!! CRAZY!!!)

3 comments:

La said...

YAY KAYLA GIRL!!! I am so proud of you! What a great award! XOXOXOXOX

Lynnette said...

Kayla: that is so awesome! I think they got the right girl for the award! Way to go! Love Grandma Lynnette

GRITS said...

Congrats Kayla! Hope you enjoy your summer!!! :)