Yesterday Kayla had the opportunity to participate in Hershey track. For the past 6 weeks the classes have been running to practice for the "track meet". Kayla decided to run the 100 meters. Whenever she would talk about running she would refer to it as "
Hershey Track". Example:
"I'm so excited to be running in Hershey track." Or
"I can't wait until it's Hershey Track." It made me giggle. She was a bit nervous
(and shocked) at the number of kids that were there (it was about 9 or so different elementary schools) and she thought that she had to run
with and against all of them!! She was relieved when I explained what "heat" meant and that she would only be running with six other girls. Kayla came in 3rd in her "heat" and they only took the first and second place runners to compete again but Kayla was thrilled that she was done running and could enjoy running around with her friends! She claimed it was
"the best day of my life!!" (dramatic much?!?)
Yep...They're never apart!
Hanging out with friends!
On your mark, Get set, BANG!!!
Go Kayla!!!
Good Job Kayla!!
No comments:
Post a Comment