Friday, September 2, 2011

Respect...

One of the other things that we did when we were camping was retire some flags. My mom had two flags that were worn out and she has been hanging on to them until we went camping. I had never seen a flag retired before and it was very neat to watch. It was done in such a very reverent and respectful way that I was moved to tears. Bryson did a very good job at directing the "color guard" and explaining what to do.
After the flags were presented to us we recited the Pledge of Allegiance.

(just a little worn out)
Then they would hold the flag over the fire

After the center had burned the edges of the flag were folded into the center.


The flag that Daddy's and Ben's held had more nylon in it so theirs went super fast!
Thanks again Bryson and Mom!!
This was something that I won't forget!!

No comments: