Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Karen...

I'm sending you this note because I heard of your recent kitchen "disaster" and I care for the safety of you and your children. My advice is the next time you have "guests" coming over and you have a few dirty dishes in your sink, either quickly wash the dishes or if you really need to be lazy, just leave them in the sink. Your "guests" will not care or even notice them. Unless the "guest" is the president of something or other, do not I repeat DO NOT put them in the oven to "hide" them. I tell you this because I know you, I know that you will forget, turn your oven on and this will happen...again...

Remember how awful this smelled. Remember how your house was filled with smoke. Remember how fast it happened. Remember what a pain it was to clean the melted plastic off your oven racks and bottom of the oven. Remember how it felt to have your 4 (almost 5) year old tell you that you had made a foolish mistake. Make yourself a goal of no more "stuff & fluff" cleaning. You'll thank me for it later.

With love,
Karen

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

I had sondered what happed? It is much safer to stow dishes in a bin under your sink. Personally I have never done that. But someone told me it was a better idea than the oven. And what exactly was that dish?

Lynnette said...

What the heck..SONDERED??? Let's try using the word WONDERED!

Karen & Ben said...

It was a cheap dollar store bowl and it melted FAST!! Like 3 mins or less!! But, the stupidest part was it was only like 5 dirty dishes.

Pickett said...

Ha Ha.. This is funny! Love it!