Sunday, April 10, 2011

A day to remember...


Yesterday (April 9) Kayla was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint. Everything turned out perfect. (Well, I would hope that after 3 months of preparing everything would turn out okay.) Kayla was super nervous, but she did great. She did have to be baptized twice but that's because Ben messed up. He was so worried about Kayla that he forgot what he was suppose to do. Kayla made him pay her 25 cents because he had promised her that she would only have to do it once!! She looked so beautiful in her white dress and she loved that the flower in her hair was special. When I was in Young Woman's I was given this flower. I wore it when Ben and I were married and then Kayla wore it when she was blessed as a baby and she wore it yesterday during her confirmation. When she gets married she can wear it and then pass it onto her baby to start over. It's fun to think that this is something that can be passed on for generations. She wrote in her new journal that "being baptized was my favorite day of my life because I really, really felt the Holy Ghost". (Don't worry...she told me I could read it.) I sort of feel bad that I didn't take a bunch of pictures, but I wanted to relax and enjoy the dinner. We are so grateful for our family that came to support Kayla. It was a day that I hope she never forgets.



4 comments:

Pickett said...

So Cute... Kevin and I were so glad that we could support Kayla on her special day!

Kim said...

so cute! I'm sad that I missed it but so proud of her!

Lynnette said...

She is such a sweet and beautiful girl ...I just love her !

La said...

So awesome! I love the flower, how special that will be forever. She was absolutely beautiful! Xoxoxo