Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yep, I did...

I have a confession, I did something that I promise I have never done before. It's the first time in the seven years that I've been a "stay-at-home" mom that I have done something like this. Something so wrong it's embarrassing to admit.

Okay, here I go. I was craving caramel popcorn... so I made it. For myself. Not for my kids or as a treat for a neighbor, but for me and only me. You want to know something...I don't regret at all.

(Just ignore the chunk in the corner that is missing)

Recipe is from one of my favorite food blogs. This is so fast and easy, don't blame me if you find yourself making it.

1/2 cup kernels (popped) or 1 bag microwave popcorn (popped)

In a microwave safe dish put:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter

Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes, stir and add:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Pour over popcorn and stir. Spread on cookie sheet to cool or do as I did and eat immediately. This is a gooey, sticky popcorn (just how I like it) so if you are someone that likes crunchy caramel popcorn, just pop it into the oven at 200 for a few minutes.

6 comments:

Kim said...

nothing wrong with making something for yourself! I can't wait to try this recipe! (you need to put it on the food blog so more people can enjoy it! and it's in need of some love)

Lynnette said...

Well at least you didn't put a pan of brownies under your bed, only to find it 6-9 months later! In my defense, I had only eaten about 1/4 of the pan...and no one cleans under their bed very often! ( This was before I got married.) It was a family of 8 kids, you had to hide those brownies.

Patricia said...

This is so funny! I never knew about a pan of brownies that your mom hid. And I am so past the making things for myself. Because that is what I do all the time. Scott is not very tempted by desserts, but boy do I love them. I would especially like caramel popcorn about now!

dasrls said...

Just want to say THANK YOU!!!! I have been craving that popcorn since Christmas. Thanks for posting the recipe.... Yeah I am making some tomorrow.

Lynnette said...

Just made the caramel popcorn...and there goes my diet!

Lynnette said...

I think you should double the amount of popcorn. But it might even be better with more popcorn, plus you can have more. Not quite so heavy with carmel. Did I just say that? Someone should check my temperature!