Edited to add:
**WARNING: This was me venting. Feel free to not read. Mom, I'm feel much better now**
I'm beginning to wonder why there aren't more hours in the day. The days are moving quicker and quicker and I feel like I'm slipping further and further behind. I suddenly feel like I'm struggling with basically everything. I'm struggling to keep my house clean and orderly. I'm struggling to spend quality one-on-one time with each of my girls. I'm struggling to stay on our budget (stinkin' budget). I'm struggling with moody girls. I'm struggling to have meaningful conversations with Ben that aren't about the kids (which I know are a huge part of our lives and that's why most of our conversations are about them). I'm just struggling.
On Sunday (while I was in my post-migraine recovery), I found myself thinking of all those things (and more) that I'm struggling with and decided to try to put an end to some of them. I made a list and promised myself that I would improve on two "problems" this week. First up the house. I've realized that the house is a huge factor on my mood. When my house is clean and tidy, I'm in a good mood, but as the house gets messy my mood quickly takes a nose dive. I've told Ben that if he comes home and it looks like world war three has happened not to ask me how my day was. This week I'm working hard to give my girls jobs. Sound easy right, but it's not for me. I like things done a certain way, my way and so I've been doing them, but my kids need to learn how to clean and pick up after themselves. So this week, Kayla's job is to keep the laundry from her and Anna's room and their bathroom off the floor, counter, bed, wherever and into the laundry room. Anna's job is to empty their bathroom garbage can into the kitchen can. We'll see how it goes. Next up is the budget. Oy!! Why can't money just magically appear when needed?? I'm putting it here: I WILL ONLY GO TO WAL-MART ONCE THIS WEEK!! I made a menu, figured out what we needed to make what was on the menu and only got what was on my list.
Now if I can stick to the menu and making sure the girls do their little jobs, we'll be good. I'll keep you posted!! Wish me luck!!


7 comments:
I know exactly how you are feeling. I was there many times when raising children. Even now I feel overwhelmed, mostly at home. I don't know where the hours go. I seem to have more control at work, no matter how busy the day becomes. I think it is about priority, and not being unrealistic in what we can accomplish in one day. Remember Pres. Uchtdorf's (sp?)on Saturday AM session of conference.. This what I remember the message as being:
We need to slow our lives down a little bit. I think you are on the right path by making a plan, one step at a time. And remember to take/make time for yourself and BREATHE! You will feel better tomorrow...post migraine mode is a hard day to think about such heavy subjects.
I want to ditto moms words! before you know it they will be in school all day and your house will stay clean, and for a minute love the quite, but then wish you could have the mess and the noise and all that comes with it! I think that you are an amazing mom and I'm glad that I get to talk to you all the time! Keep your head up...things do get better! :)
All I can say is that you are in good company. (That means, me.) :)
Oh heavens I think we may need to plan a girls day…Or Trip (Wink)... It sounds like we are in same boat... all I can say is UNCLE!
Where to Traveling Joe opps, Traveling Jamie!! :)
Ummmmm... girls trip! Can I come?
Rhonie...are you a girl?? Then yes!!
Post a Comment