JULY:
Well, the time has come for Miss Maiya's blanket to be replaced. With holes appearing and the color all but gone we searched for the perfect prints. I let Miss Maiya choose the fabric for her new blanket, she even chose which print would be "her corner". Grandma Pickett even donated a print for some Grandma love to be sewn in. After days of cutting and organizing and sewing and clipping and washing the blanket was finished. I excitedly pulled the new blanket from the dryer for Miss Maiya to love on and guess what...
I. WAS. DENIED!!!!
That's right, the new blanket was turned down! In fact she has told me (many times) that I can use the new one. I guess there are some things that just can't be replaced!!Look at it!! Isn't it so cute!!
Miss Maiya and her corner
So now it hangs off the side of her crib. I still hope that I'll walk in one day to find her using it.
AUGUST:Yep, the annual "PICKETT PICNIC"! I enjoyed this years picnic with the fun stories of Grandma & Grandpa Pickett. Stories of my dad and his brother and sisters growing up.
We had a serious wind and lightening storm in August. Lightening actually struck the empty lot behind us making our fire alarms go off briefly (and freaking the kids out!) Luckily we were all home when it happened because it happened fast and strong. Some of our neighbors lost trampolines and swing sets, shingles from roofs, garbage cans.
At the risk of making myself look like a weirdo.
After seeing (and having slight issues with) the last Harry Potter movie, I *had* to re-read the entire series (again). And yes, Professor Snape is my favorite!
Total of 4,100 pages
Playing at the park for Lisa's birthday party. I don't have any pictures of Kayla because she was "to cool" to come and play on the playground. She hung around with Lisa and Skyla.
Anna
Love the hair!
Take note everyone!! This year we actually had a successful garden!! WOO HOO!!! We're sure it was all because we had Marc and Casey mentoring us this year. Tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, beans, melons. The kids (ours and theirs) loved going out and "harvesting". After we would split the goods into two piles and enjoy the "fruits of our labors!" (I know...I'm funny)
SEPTEMBER:
I agreed to be in a "pre-school" for some kids Miss Maiya's age, but unfortunately we've had to pull out because Miss Maiya was not ready. She would cry and cling to me for dear life so I decided that it wasn't worth traumatizing her. We'll try for real next September.
Ben has decided to try his hand at making cheese. Yes, cheese. I have no idea where he come up with his extreme ideas. He ordered his cultures and raw milk and his first batch of Brie and Bleu Cheese are riping and getting smellier by the day. He got all giddy when he saw his Bleu start to get blue veins.







4 comments:
Seriously I have decided you have the Cutest little girls ever… I love the post I so need to do one of these I am so behind.
And holy wind.. YIKES!
That was like the "world in a minute." So fun!
I loved catching up! I love reading your blog! You always make me laugh!!! I think your peach roll looks a lot better than mine!!! And the canned peaches...so pretty. I hope they are on display somewhere in your house. Hopefully next year we will be able to be a little more successful with the garden so we will be able to can tomato sauce and such. Maybe we will give the peppers a year off since we had them coming out our ears :) Can I just say we love your family! You are all so cute and fun! Alright enough with the gushy novel! :)
Scary storm! Loved Ben being a cheese maker.
Post a Comment