Friday, March 11, 2011

You've got mail...


Kayla & Meg ~ December 2010
At the first of the month Kayla mailed a letter to her cousin Meg. She had already sealed the envelope so I don't know what she wrote. A few days later we received this email from Meg.
(FYI...I'm writing both letters verbatim)
March 4, 2011
Dear Kayla, I got your letter to day. My summer brake starts on June 4th. You are right, we should have a sleep over in the summer. I was so sad your m
om got sick on qult school. You know, everytime we plan a sleep over someone gets sick. My school is doing a speed staking club. I was thing that if the staking cups I am going to order are here, I could teach you how to do it. It is realy fun. I had my first meeting today. I have been very sick this week so hopefuly I am feeling better on tomaroow, so I can see you at qult school. I love to listen to music, so when I woke up today, I was very upset. I wanted to die when my favorite song came on and I couldn't sing along. I cann't talk. When I try to talk it hurts my throat. I am suking a cough drop right now. YOu should be glad my mom has a white board. She is letting me use it. So, if my voice is not back, I can still talk to you.

-meg, your cousin.

Almost immediately after Kayla read her email, she wrote Meg another note to mail. She asked me to mail it to her, but I forgot...bad mommy! After I read her response I knew that I wanted to blog about their letters because I think its cute.


March 3erd, 2011
Dear Meg,
I am sary you are sik. I have two chicks and three chickens I could relly yoos your help to cary the eggs. I hope you are better next saterday so we can have our slepover and if you can not talk and you don't bring you white bord I can teach you sign language if you don't beleve it you can because I know sign language. I did get your letter today. I have a new C.D. we can listen to.
Your cousin,
Kayla

Isn't that so cute!! My favorite is when Meg wrote that she couldn't talk and was using the white board and Kayla writes that she will teach Meg sign language. I love how Kayla dated the letter the "3erd" when Meg's email came on the 4th (she's my daughter...I never know the correct date!!) I love all the misspelled words and run on sentences. But the thing I love the most is Meg emailing her letters and Kayla mailing her letters.

We have a little of both worlds going on...don't we!!

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

Now this is priceless!

dasrls said...

I agree...priceless...!!