Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cravings

I've noticed that I've been having some very specific cravings. I have totally been craving....
Quiet and Order

It feels lately that my house and therefore (it seems) my life are in some sort of chaos. I haven't felt like I've been able to get a handle on things. I have been feeling a little down in the dumps lately and haven't been able to figure out why. I have a good life, I know I do. All my kids are healthy, Ben is currently employed, we have enough for our needs, we are blessed. While I am so grateful for what we do have I find myself craving what I don't have...Quiet and Order.


The kid's bedroom is a mess (once again), the kitchen floor is littered with paper from another art project, I have an overflowing basket of miscellaneous things that never seem to be put away in the correct place, the kids are loud and making me feel anxious.

So what do I do...
First...I take a deep breath (advice always given from my mom!)
Second...Put away the Barbie's and Polly Pockets (for the umpteenth time)
Third...Grab a broom and get to work
Fourth...Do all the above with a smile

Perhaps someday when the house is clean and the kids are quiet I will have fully satisfied my craving, but for now I'm just going to embrace the chaos!! This is my life and I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Now I think I'll go eat some chocolate... :)

6 comments:

dasrls said...

Save some chocolate for me. I know how you feel. Have a better day tomorrow. Abby and I go to the mall (or someplace similar) at least once a week for "Therapy". We love you. Thanks for the adorable outfit. Abby picked it out this morning and she look adorable!!!!

Lynnette said...

Breathe....I think you have spring fever and maybe cabin fever.. and the anxiety will pass. But I know how you feel....I love order and quiet. They are two of my favorite things. And I don't have them at work either. Now I need chocolate!

GRITS said...

Aahh...quiet and order...what are those? I'm about to self-medicate with a Coke and some chocolate. Chocolate helps with stress, doesn't it? :)

Kim said...

all your comments make me laugh. i don't know about mom, but even though my kids are in school all day and my house can stay clean for like 4 hours (when I'm alone) I still need order and quiet. But I'm with you, I wouldn't have it any other way...maybe more diet coke:) Have a great day! Love you!!

Mike said...

I think a week in our house would probably kill you. You do a great job and we can't even fathom how you manage it. Just so you know you are our role model when it comes to keeping order in the home.

La said...

I'll take an side of "quiet & order" as well! Does that come with the chocolate?
I can't keep both floors they way I want them to save my life. If the downstairs is clean there is probably a wreck upstairs & vice versa.
Keep your chin up, I can sympathize!